Friday, February 29, 2008

Happy Birthday to my preadolescent brother



Yes, Todd turned 10 today. And now he is in the phase of his life were whole new worlds begin to open up to him. He begins a period of self-discovery as his body prepares for puberty. I suggest Jennifer knock before going into the master bathroom. In honor of this momentous occasion I have composed this little poem for the birthday boy:


Todd just turned 10

Surely you must ask

how is that possible then

to figure it out is the task

If you have seen him you know

far too much hair in his ears grow

It is plain for everyone with eyes to see

That a man this boney cannot ten years old be

Though he is an attorney he is not hoighty-toighty

because he was born on a day that leaps he is now forty

Happy Birthday Uncle Todd!

6 comments:

Taryn said...

Oh my goodness. Where are on earth did you get that picture of him in the bathroom?! Happy 10th, Toddy!

Beth said...

That was the coolest. I love a good Wahlquist poem.

Kate said...

Awesome poem. And I always thought it would stink to be born on leap year. But now that I'm older, it WOULD be pretty cool.

Kate said...

p.s. More baby pics please. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm honored. Since I don't have my own blog, will you post the poem I send you for your birthday?

Kenna said...

If it meets the high standards we have then I will be happy to post it for you.