Saturday, February 9, 2008

$4.47 to say farewell to christian rock

Actually, it was $2.57 in U.S. currency and $2.20 in Canadian currency. That is what I shook out of our car's cassette deck today. For the last 4 months our car radio would change channels on its own or not at all. We always suspected that non-cassette related items were to blame but I had no idea that the kids had started their own savings account right in our car. But this morning when it got stuck on a christian rock station that was the last straw. So, today I took off the front panel, unscrewed the radio, disconnected all the various wires, shook out a mound of coins, and reconnected everything. To my astonishment the radio still worked and I was back in control of my musical environment.


Now here are some more baby pictures. These are when she came home from the hospital.








5 comments:

Kent and Leisy said...

that's a whole lot of money! Kent and I laughed for quite awhile at this post.

Scott said...

hilarious. our japanese mechanic was laughing at us yesterday when we took our car it. we couldn't figure out why the fuse kept blowing out in our car. two qaurters in the radio, wonder who started that?!!! joy

Taryn said...

What will you use the money for? Maybe a nice Christian rock album for the kids???

Kate said...

That's a LOT of change. So funny.
And that's a REALLY cute baby. She's so tiny in that car seat. Oh my goodness.

The Ziemers said...

Your blog is so funny. I laugh every time I read it. It was very sweet of you, Marc, to buy Kenna a couch. I was telling Steven how nice that was hoping he would take the hint.