Monday, February 11, 2008

Goodbye ol' blue and Hello brown cow

After at least 20 years of service in the Wahlquist family this blue couch that I remember from my teenage years is finally being put out to pasture. When Kenna went into the hospital I decided she couldn't come home to this couch again. It had been through all of Rylee's emetic years, not to mention three subsequent kids who also contributed various bodily fluids to its essence.

So, while Kenna was in the hospital I went shopping for a new couch and found this really nice leather couch on clearance. I mentioned that it was for my wife who was in the hospital and the guy gave me an even bigger discount. I was very nervous that she wouldn't like it when she came home but she seems to really like it. Of course, it could just be the narcotic pain medication clouding her judgement.

11 comments:

Katie and Steve said...

Wow! what an awesome welcome home gift. I'm going to show this to Steve and hope he gets the hint. Way to go Marc!

Anonymous said...

That couch was the first thing I bought with my "Day by Day" money. It deserves more than to be kicked to the curb. You should set fire to it! I've been looking forward to this day for several years. You definitely deserve a new couch.

Beth said...

Cool. The new couch comes with a baby too. What a deal.

Beth said...

By the way, I totally remember sleeping on that couch when we would visit your house in our younger days.

Erin said...

Sweet couch. Do I get to break that in next week?

Emilee said...

Beautiful, Marc! What a lovely gift for Kenna. I'm impressed.

Beth said...

Nice job Marc. What a terrific something to come home to!

Cynthia said...

Very nice! It took me a second to realize that there was a baby on the couch. So litle!

Lyndsay said...

Erik is a BIG fan of naming inanimate objects. He'll be so impressed.
What a great husband!

Anonymous said...

So sweet! So all Kenna had to do to get a new couch was endure 9 months of pregancy, a c-section, and nursing a newborn? What does she have to do get the matching chair and ottoman? Just kidding. I would LOVE to come home to new furiture ANY time! Very thoughtful!

Kate said...

A lovely couch! Now, can we see more pics of that little baby, pleeeeease?