Sunday, June 17, 2007

Surprise Party

A couple of months ago, I approached one of the other resident wives whose husband was also graduating this year, and asked if she would be interested in throwing a surprise party for our husbands the day after graduation. She said sure and so the planning began. I think we were able to keep Marc in the dark until a couple of hours before the party when he just could not understand why he could not take our van (which was loaded with party stuff) to take his Dad (who is 6'6") shopping...this meant that his dad had to fold up into Marc's Honda Civic. He said at that point he was suspicious that something was going on but didn't know what. We had a great turn out of fellow residents, faculty physicians, family and friends. Pictured below are the residents (current and former) that were there.


It was a treat to have both our parents here for the party. Both moms were invaluable in helping me put it together. I so appreciated Diana's input (she is a great party planner) and advice. And thanks to my parents for the beautiful and delicious cakes that they brought.

2 comments:

Kate said...

So many posts to comment on! What a fun thing to do. I hope Marc didn't cry like I did at my surprise party on Saturday. :)

Anonymous said...

Kenna, you really did an awesome job with the party. We really had a great time! You covered all the details and I was very impressed!