Friday, June 8, 2007

Playgroup at the Art Museum

Toledo has a wonderful art museum downtown that, in its basement, has a family center. Thursday, our playgroup decided to head down there for a change of scenery. I used to go there a lot before Tanner and Ella started preschool, but haven't been in over a year. It is full of toys that encourage creativity and imagination and each week they have a different art project for the children to do. I always forget how much fun the kids have there until we go back and they don't want to leave. Needless to say, they had a great time and here are some pics of the day. There are finally a couple of other 5-year-old boys in our playgroup, so Tanner doesn't always have to play with the girls.
Rylee actually did the art project with my help. I was surprised because she fought me at first, but after a few seconds she got really calm and quiet. The project was water coloring a coffee filter which they then turned into a butterfly.

Isn't she cute?
Sarah spent at least 30 minutes at this easel and by the end had dumped her water all over the place. I patted myself on the back for putting the smock on before that started!




2 comments:

Taryn said...

Great pictures! And is that a little sassy twinkle I see in Sarah's eye? Ella has it, too! I think they must have gotten that from their mom! :)

Anonymous said...

Back to the land of the living for the Thompson's! It looks like you guys have been busy...we will have to catch up!