Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day

I know this is now my 5th post today but I want to take a moment to thank the fathers in our lives. Marc and I are both blessed to come from families with great dads. They are quiet, dignified men who are wonderful examples to their families.

I asked Marc what he loves about his dad. He said one of the best things about his dad is that he is wise. Marc feels that if he asks his dad for advice on anything that he will always get a insightful response. As for me, Brent (and Diana) have been so generous to our family, especially with their time. I have always felt that they would do their best to help us with whatever we might need.




As for my dad, he has always been one of the hardest-working people that I know. I don't think that he is capable of giving less than 110%. I see that this quality has rubbed off on a lot of his kids, especially my brothers. I love that he is rock-solid in his committment to his work, his faith and his family. And those of you who know him might be surprised to know that my kids call him 'silly grandpa'.

And finally, the father of my children. He left this morning for 12 days for a board review course in Maine so he didn't get to have much of a Father's Day. Marc is a great father. Rylee, Tanner, Ella and Sarah adore him. He has a great sense of humor and is so creative with some of the things that he says and does with them that I am amazed on a daily basis. He is kind and loving, especially with Rylee. Her eyes light up and she gets excited as soon as she sees him. They have a special relationship, and I think that speaks volumes on the kind of father that he is. I am grateful for the good example that he tries to be to them. We love you, daddy and we miss you already!

5 comments:

Taryn said...

This one made me cry, Kenna. I love the picture of my dad and mom surrounded by a gaggle of grandbabies... and the picture of Marc and Tanner (holding Sarah, yes?) is breathtakingly precious. Thanks for being such a wonderful partner to my brother.

Kate said...

Great Father's Day post! I was going to say the same thing about the picture with tiny Sarah. And having met your parents (at least your mom, for sure) and Marc's parents, I know they really are pretty wonderful people!

Anonymous said...

Yea for great dad's!

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.

joyful704 said...

Dad really can give 110%. I mean, who else can play the computer, watch TV, and talk to his kids on the phone all at the same time! j/k, we love you dad.