Friday, May 18, 2007

School's out

Thursday was Ella's end-of-the-year program at preschool. Each of the children had a part in the program. Ella was a butterfly and got to wave these little "wings" when the caterpillar turned into a butterfly. She clearly enjoyed it as she kept flapping her wings long after the song was over. She is quite the little actress!
This is Mrs. Stokes, the director of the preschool. I had to coax the kids to get the picture. She is really wonderful with the kids...she threatened to tickle them to get them to smile for the picture.

Here is my little preschool graduate on Friday, the day of the commencement! They were really cute. They played pomp and circumstance while the kids marched in. The kids had made little paper graduation caps. They did a little program and then each of them got to go up and get their diploma. It made me a little sad to think that Tanner is going to go to Kindergarten next year and won't be home with us all day. I hope he (and I) are ready for that change! CONGRATULATIONS to TANNER! We love you, bud!



4 comments:

Kate said...

Congrats to Tanner! I miss that school so much. It is a million times better than any preschool I've found here, and it's totally affordable too. I was sad that it took Tyson a while to figure out who Mrs. Stokes was when I showed him the pictures. I'm still looking for a new preschool for Sam next year.

Anonymous said...

Yea for Tanner! Tell him we said Way to Go!

Kenna said...

I really love that preschool too, and I hope that we can find a good one for Sarah when we move. They are so kind to the kids but at the same time you can tell that they are strict. Just a great combination. Tanner brought home a book that they worked on all year that contains all the skills that they worked on to get ready for kindergarten. So impressive. I was surprised at some of the things that he knows how to do.

Taryn said...

That pic of Tanner in his graduation cap is TOO MUCH. Give him a high-five from aunt taryn and uncle jason.