Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Last Day

Monday was finally the last day of school for Tanner and Ella. Sarah and I made a sign while they were at school and we anxiously awaited their arrival. Tanner was happy to be home.
Ella was not. She had gotten wedding bells and a fake engagement ring as party favors because her teacher is getting married this weekend and she lost her wedding bells. This was quite tragic.

We tried to console everyone with a trip to The Cone and a couple of quarters each for the rides. Mary and Tanner enjoyed the fire engine.


As part of our family home evening last night, I asked the kids to help me create a list of things they wanted to do this summer. Here is what we came up with:

  1. Learn to tie our shoes.
  2. Learn to tell time. (these two are my suggestions)
  3. Remove Ella's training wheels.
  4. Go to Lazer Craze.
  5. Go to Kings Island.
  6. Go to the Great Wolf Lodge.
  7. Swim.
  8. Go to different states.
  9. Read a book together.
  10. Participate in Summer Reading Club.
  11. Go to the zoo.
  12. Go to a Red's game.
  13. Go to the Whippy Dip. (a local ice cream place we haven't tried)
  14. Go to Columbus.
  15. Go to the movies.

It is a good thing Marc is a doctor. I think it is going to be an expensive summer! Stay tuned to see if we get them all done!




6 comments:

Erin said...

Do those "other states" include Florida? :)

Taryn said...

Or perhaps Colorado?

Also, you are the cutest mom EVER. And also, when did Mary get so big?! In my mind, she's still the baby I held at the beach last summer. I keep forgetting that was nearly a year ago! (Holy moly!)

Mel said...

I want to go to the Whippy Dip. Sounds fun. Tell the kiddles they are more than welcome to visit AZ - it's lovely in the summertime :)

The Ziemers said...

Congrats on school being out. I've decided the key to surviving summer with so many kids at home ALL DAY is to keep busy. We go to the park and/or library EVERY DAY. Hope you have a great summer.

joyful704 said...

don't they want to come to japan!??!

joyful704 said...

calvin (&I) woudl make good pen pals if you still need one??!!!