Monday, September 29, 2008

Under the boardwalk (sort of)

Today Sarah announced she was going outside. She then proceeds to go out onto the deck and disappear. Several minutes later we realize we don't see her playing in the yard and I go to investigate and this is where I found her.

She said she was building a house. Now normally a good parent would have gently removed their child from under the deck. But do you see that darkness? I am positive that there were spiders nearby just waiting for me to get closer, using my daughter as bait to lure me in. Well, I was smarter than that. In the morning the sun shines directly under the deck so I'll just go back and get her then. Who's the tricky one now, Mr. Spider?

2 comments:

Beth said...

I remember when I was little like Sarah I would play under our deck and pull the legs off of the daddy long leg spiders that I would find. She'll be plenty entertained until morning.

Heidi said...

You.Afraid.Of.Spiders? What type of dad are you? My kids would love something like that to play under! How was Sarah this morning? LOL!!