Sunday, September 21, 2008

We'll start in the entryway...

Here is Kenna's big red dot that was mentioned a couple of posts ago. She really did have a hard time spending the $250 on this rug when there was something cheaper but not as interesting.



To your left is the parlor where the piano is. Those are french doors going out to a porch.


to your right is an empty dining room



And here is the kitchen in all its glory. There are 3 or 4 empty cabinets because we ran out of things to put in them and the top shelf of most cabinets aren't really practical for everyday use and so are either empty or filled with stuff we never use.

In that first picture you catch a glimpse of Kenna's command center where many vital decisions are made, i.e. what goes on the grocery list.

There are more pictures but those will have to wait for another day. If I'm going to keep my promise to post more often I need to hold some stuff in reserve. My life isn't exciting enough to post bloggable (blogable?) stuff everyday.

4 comments:

Kate said...

Oh my goodness... it's SO pretty. I love your granite. I love the command center. I love that you have a PARLOR. I mean, come on... who has a parlor these days? That rocks.
So glad you sold your "summer" house... even for such a loss.
And I'm so curious about who might be confined to small spaces for the next six weeks.

Kimberly said...

Kenna, Your home is gorgeous!! Love the colors! Sounds like your settled in well now! Keep us posted on things! How is school going out there for the kids?

Emilee said...

What a beautiful home! How fun to have cupboards that don't hold anything. And I love the red dot--perfect choice. Congratulations! I'm wondering where you will vacation now, though, since you sold your summer home. Will you be able to find another place as exotic as Toledo?

Beth said...

I am drooling over all of that free and open space. How absolutely wonderful. Oh, and the red dot rug, totally worth the price.