Thursday, March 6, 2008

So you say it's my birthday...

The Sixth Day of The Third Moon
By Marc

The sixth of March is dear to me,
A party thrown by family.
There’s candles glowing on the cake,
We limbo with the garden rake.

We sing and dance and celebrate,
‘Cause on this day came something great.
An angel’s chorus filled the skies,
It’s memory brings tears to eyes.

Though I was but a tiny lad,
I recall the face of my proud Dad.
All dressed in white and disinfected,
His favorite son had been perfected.

Todd, my brother, just turned eight.
Gentleman, scholar, all around great.
By me looked up to, idolized,
On March the sixth, he got baptized.

So, on this date we all make merry,
To honor this great annivers-arry.
And in attempt to bump my worth,
I claim this date for my birth.


It seems as if Todd had lots of time on his hands at work when he wrote this poem for me. And though it lacked any reference to ear hair and was somewhat verbose I appreciate the effort.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm pleased to see that the poem was deemed worthy of publication. Hapy Birthday Marc. Now I need to get to work on my poem for Kenna.

Beth said...

Once again, I love a good Wahlquist poem. Very good gentlemen.