Saturday, March 8, 2008

Happy Birthday Kenna!...a day late

Yesterday was Kenna's birthday. I came home from work after some last minute shopping and found that someone had already taken care of all her presents. I thought maybe friends from church had dropped off all those presents.




I thought that was really nice until Kenna told me they were all from Ella. I wanted to know where she got all the money until I took a closer look...



Those would be some of Ella's toys, pencils, happy meal toys, etc. Simply put, Ella is a very sweet little girl.

Since Kenna can't have milk because we think Mary might have a milk allergy a birthday cake was not an option so a birthday pie had to do (without ice cream of course).



Sarah and Ella both seemed to have enjoyed my chocolatey birthday cake





10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to the Wahlquists! I must be sure to remember to invite Ella to my birthday party, what a gal!

Taryn said...

I think Ella inherited her Uncle Kent's generous spirit. I remember one Christmas when Kent was 6 or 7 and he was constantly wrapping random toys from the basement and putting them under the Christmas tree.

Happy birthday Kenna!

Emilee said...

Happy Birthday, Kenna! How fun to have yours and Marc's birthdays so close together.

Kent and Leisy said...

happy late bday! ella is a funny girl! Did she actually intend on letting you have all of her things? or did she take them back?

Kenna said...

It was really a random assortment of things that she found around the toy room but she was genuinely thrilled to watch me open each one!

Kate said...

I love those chocolatey mouths. I hope you both had happy birthdays. I wish we were there to celebrate with you! I would have happily babysat your kiddos. Well, there's always Cincinnati. When are you guys moving? Or are you still? It looks like my in-laws will be there within a few months.

Anonymous said...

Ella must have had a wonderful time filling the bags with things that she loved.

Christel said...

I am the one who came through as anonymous. I love reading the blog.

Cynthia said...

Happy Birthday! Don't you love kids and their creativity and kindness. And it is still a surprise when they wrap things in the house because you have no idea what they are going to put in there.

Kenna said...

Kate-Marc has to start work August 11 so we will probably move the first week of August. It would be so fun to see you there. Are you going to the outer banks this year? We will be there the week after the 4th of July.