So, I had this really nice teenager come in the other day complaining of bad bilateral hand and forearm pain with some numbness for about one month. I was told she may have carpal tunnel syndrome by the referring doctor so that was foremost in my mind. Well, as I am talking to her the symptoms just aren't fitting for carpal tunnel so I start asking her more questions. I come to find out that she got a new cell phone for Christmas and has been texting nonstop since then. Well, she is really tender right over her thumb tendon and I figure out that she has developed severe tendinitis of the thumbs from texting too much. So, I restricted her texting (much to her mother's relief and the patient's dismay) and put her on some Motrin.
Let that be a lesson to all you texters out there; you need to stretch out before hand (no pun intended) and ice down after every long texting session.
It looks like with the Wii and texting I am going to be pretty busy.
4 comments:
Too funny! Good diagnosing doctor.
I will have to pass this news on to my sister, who is a professional texter. She may want to cut back!
i had my first wii-induced case of shoulder pain a few weeks ago.
That is just too sad......way way too sad.
Post a Comment