Saturday, July 26, 2008

NaNaNaNa NaNaNaNa HeyHeyHey Goodbye!!

After eleven years and over 106,000 miles we bid farewell to "daddy's little red car." This car served us well, taking us across country several times, multiple trips from chicago to cincinnati, and multiple trips from toledo to lexington. We were going to try and make it last one more month until we got to cincinnati but the exhaust pipe broke. After that it sounded more like a Harley than a Honda. So it had to go before my hearing did.

Let me introduce you to my new wheels, a four-year-old Honda CR-V with low miles and this thing called a "CD" player. For those of you who are wondering the color will be called "cougar blue." I always felt conflicted driving a red car.


6 comments:

Emilee said...

Fantastic car! Are you going to get another enormous BYU magnet for the back? I loved being able to identify your minivan from a mile away by the cougar on the back. And it would match this car even better.

Kate said...

HOORAY for Cougar Blue!!! I love it.
Quinten's little red Honda is about to give up the ghost too. He's been driving around without A/C for about a month now, and it's miserable. But we are very conflicted on what to do... put a bunch of money into fixing the A/C when the car probably won't last much longer... or just hold out for something new? In any case... congratulations! You probably fit much better into your new car.

MOMMACITA said...

Auntie Mary here.

I'm happy you get a new car. good on you.

I'm looking for pictures of my namesake, you know the one named after me, but where or where are they?

She is so happy to be a Mary. I just know it.

Lyndsay said...

Yay for BYU blue!

Anonymous said...

Nice ride. Sure wish we could use it to drive down to the BYU football games we just bought season tickets for! Go ahead, be jealous! Our civic just turned 140,000 today. Wonder how much longer it will hold out.

Julie Sacks said...

Congrats! We LOVE our crv! And coincidently, my brother has the same color of car, just ask his kids, they will all tell you it's cougar blue.