Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thanksgiving vacation, day one

I usually look forward to any school break with a bit of anxiety and maybe a bit of dread. I love having my children around me, but struggle sometimes to keep them entertained without allowing the TV to do the job for me (my overly guilty conscience would not allow that). Tanner has been begging to go to the art museum since the girls and I have been going regularly. He has felt a little left out. So here are my little artists...I think Sarah could spend hours at this easel.
Their project this week was actually still life pictures using chalks or markers, which the kids were not interested in. They also had the supplies to make these cute turkeys, which they did enjoy. Notice the pink feathers on the turkey on the right. Ella was quite thrilled to discover those!
We enjoyed lunch at McMommy's (the best lunch spot in town), spent most of the afternoon raking leaves and ended the day with parent-teacher conferences. We'll see what the rest of the week holds for us.


2 comments:

Kate said...

Cute cute cute. Happy Thanksgiving to you!

dtravelbug said...

LOL, pink feathers! She's the best :-)