- Tanner said he is thankful for mom and dad (such a sweet boy).
- Ella is thankful for her Barbies (which she had just been playing with)
- Sarah said she was thankful for "ooowah" which is the Laurie Berkner band DVD.
- If I had to guess about Rylee, I would say she is thankful for such a kind, caring, snuggle-rific Dad.
Friday, November 23, 2007
Day of Thanks
Since none of my children are big fans of pie, we started the day making these turkey cookies. Tanner and Ella did a wonderful job and the cookies were a big hit at our dinner with friends.
We enjoyed dinner with about 8 other families from our ward. The food was great and the company even better. We only took pictures of the kids jumping on the trampoline. The kids spent a lot of time outside in spite of it being 30 degrees.
My mom called on Wednesday with a cute, inexpensive, no-prep idea that I decided we should do. I picked up a cheap vinyl tablecloth and had each of the children trace their hands, write their names and one thing that they were thankful for. We will get it out each year and have them do the same thing...hopefully it will be a fun tradition.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Such a cute idea with the tablecloth! I may have to steal it.
And the turkey cookies were also darling. Did you make that idea up?
What a great idea! It sounds like you had a great thanksgiving and I love the cookies! You are such a good example, planning so many fun activities for your kids over the break.
what fun! we miss u guys. calvin still asks for each of you by name. he will love the turkey cookies! i promised to make him cookies when we get a house so maybe we will try that, if we can find candy corn......
The cookies are so cute. The kids did a great job. I love the pictures!
You are always so creative!
Kenna, you are such a great mom...it is so funny to think that we used to go to the park when Tanner was a baby and Rylee was in school, so we each sat there with one little child...and now to see you doing so great with so many! Impressive! Cute Thanksgiving pictures!
I am printing your turkey cookies photo to put in my "I hope I get to do this with my own kids someday" file. Yes, I have a file. Just another one of my fine dork qualities.
Cute cookies! Looks like you guys had a fun break. And I'll agree with everyone else... you're creative and cute and amazing and a wonderful mom. :)
Post a Comment