It was, thankfully, an uneventful day. He came home happy. He seems to like his teacher and even told me the names of some kids in his class, so I think he is making some friends. I just hope that noone will be mean to him, when I am not there to protect him....When he said his prayer tonight he prayed that those kids that are mean will be nice...listen closely and you can hear my heart breaking.
Wednesday, September 5, 2007
First day of Kindergarten
So, it finally arrived...the for me much dreaded and for Tanner much anticipated first day of school. He was really excited...up, dressed and ready to go by 7:30 asking me every 5 minutes when it would be time to go. He was upset with me because I wouldn't let him ride the bus to school because (1) I wanted to take pictures and (2) I knew he didn't know how to get to his class from where the bus would drop him off. He didn't even seem to mind that he had to wear a 'church' shirt to school (He did come home and immediately change his shirt!)
This is him at his desk....obviously thrilled by the sign I made him hold! I took the picture and hung around for a minute and he said, "mom, when are you going to leave?" Clearly, I am not as cool as I think I am...and he is only five. The teenage years should be fun.
He rode the bus home but I had to get on and tell the driver that she had failed to let my son off. The seats are really high and I don't think he could see me. She looked at me like I was crazy....gotta love Toledo.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
oh my goodness! first of all, tanner is just a toddler - what is this about school?!?! (have i really been in the family this long?!) and secondly, that face! he is the cutest boy ever!
I love the pictures and the narrative. And I'm right there with you!! Tyson seems to love school, but I hate not knowing what is going on all the time.
Tyson was really grumpy when he came home on the 3rd day of school. He said some bigger kids were really mean at recess and were laughing at him when he was trying to play basketball. Since then I think he's been sticking with the kindergarteners on the playground. So sad because he LOVES basketball.
We miss Tanner!
tanner looks sooo old! i can't belive calvin or oliver will ever leave me! i hear you on the mean kids. calvin is just barely starting to interact with kids and i could cry just thinking of someone making him sad. makes me more aware of being kind to everyone...
he really asked u to leave!! calvin has just started with saying "go" or "go way" he said it the other day when I went to the CDC to see about drop-in care so he could have some playmates, he wanted me to just leave him at daycare and "go way" ...so sad
Love the sign. Classic. I hope Tanner has a fun year, and becomes the class bully. That way, you don't have to worry about kids being mean to him. :)
I saw the idea for the sign in a magazine. The mom who sent in the idea said she always struggled to figure out which year pictures were from....so that takes care of that problem. He thought it was silly.
I love the look on Tanner's face! You can tell he is just puttin up with crazy old mom. Very cute idea!
Kenna - you are cool, just not to kindergartners. By the way, is that how you spell kindergartners? I have no clue. It's such a weird word. Those darn germans. Love you Mom :)
Marc says kindergarters...I think kindergarteners...no spell check on blogger.
Post a Comment