Sunday, September 30, 2007
Best of the week: Apple Picking
Shortly after we moved to Toledo in 2002, a friend from church told me about a local orchard that allows families to pick their own apples. We went that year to MacQueen's Orchard and picked apples and had a great time. It has become one of the highlights of our year as we have gone every year. There was one year when it was just me and the kids, but otherwise we have managed to all go every time. Last year, we were lucky enough to have a lot of my family in town when the orchard opened for picking. We all went and had so much fun that some of the family came back this year to pick again. Although, I found out that it wasn't so much the apples that they came back for as it was the apple fritters and donuts that they sell in the bakery. Here are some pics of our day.
Rylee was pretty grumpy yesterday. The kids put change in my tape deck in the van a while ago, and it shorted out the radio this week. Without her tunes, she just can't cope.
Last year, we picked a little later than this year and had to use a ladder for most of the apples. This year, the kids could reach a lot of them, but Grandpa was still willing to lift Tanner up to get the really good ones.
We usually eat apples to the point of nausea, but they are sooooooo good.
Have I mentioned how cute I think she is? When was they last time you saw blue eyes like that?
This was our attempt at a group shot of the kids (...maybe yours was better, Joy?) Cousin Calvin doesn't love to have his picture taken. He has had to live in a hotel room for a couple of months while his dad is finishing some classes for the Marine Corps. He enjoyed to chance to run around a bit. We had a great day but missed those of you who were here last year. This may be our last time there since we will be gone before fall next year. But, Cincinnati is only 3 hours away. We could come back.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Sad that I missed out, but I'm glad you had fun. Looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks!
Where were Kevin and Rachael?
Kevin and Rachael had a baptism and soccer games. I guess they could have come but wouldn't have been able to be here until later so chose not to.
no, sadly my group shot is not any better. but i got some cute photos of your cute sarah who likes to stand and smile for the camera!
sorry that i missed out too. i think i was eating cereal in my hotel room about the time you all were eating fritter and donuts.
How fun! You really do have the cutest kids. I tell Glen all the time that I hope our little girls look like yours. I don't know how we could get those blue eyes though
Love the eyes! Natalie has had a little fever and so we couldn't go with the ward tonight but I am looking forward to checking it out.
We loved picking apples there! It was so fun. What a great family activity. We went with our friends from law school a couple of years.
Sarah is beautiful. I am still amazed at how big she has gotten.
Poor Rylee! Sorry about your radio. You're right, she looks absolutely desolated by her loss. It looks like the rest of you had fun, though.
the pic of tanner with his gpa is the best picture. i love it.
Ohh, we know how Riley loves her songs! We are pretty sad to be so far from an awesome apple-picking orchard. Too bad we won't be in Toledo until the beginning of November - we may still have to take a trip for some cider and doughnuts though! It looks like you all had a blast. Yeah for Fall!
Hello! Your kids have grown so much, they are cute! It was good to read about you and catch up a bit on your family. :-)
Post a Comment