Monday, June 6, 2011

Last week of school!!!

Every year for his end-of-the-year party, Mr Hill takes his class to the park for a day of playing and lunch.    This is the second year I got to help put this thing together and the kids had a great time.  We have finally exited monsoon season and the weather was perfect.  I didn't snap a lot of pictures, since we were busy with other things, but I got a few of Ella and her good friends.

 Ella and Sammy
Ella and Marilyn 
 Last Thursday morning, we went to the school early for a breakfast with the other kids in the gifted program.  This is Tanner with one of the gifted teachers, Mrs. Hartsock.  I honestly cannot say enough good things about this woman.  She has made such a difference for Tanner.  She is such a gift to our family and to the school...such a GREAT teacher.
 Last year I made a finish line for the kids for the last day of school and they recently reminded me of that, so I repeated it again this year.  I made a video of them running through it but it took them longer than I thought it would to get off the bus.  That video is a bit long and boring and I won't add it here!

 And for a final treat some fruit and melted chocolate.  
Summer is here and I am SO excited.  We have a long to-do list.

1 comment:

Aaron & Nancy said...

Love that poster...did you make it? I can't believe how grown up Ella looks in the first picture.