Friday, May 27, 2011

Miscellaneous pics I haven't blogged

I made these cupcakes for April Fool's Day.  My kids actually believed they had to eat the mashed potatoes on top to get to their cupcake.  Sarah even said, "This gravy tastes like syrup!"

Marc is on a billboard.  The picture is poor.  I was driving when I took it!


Have you ever looked forward to your free night of the week only to have it spoiled by a 3 1/2 hour trip to the ER?  

Our little monkey bonked her head on the table this week and split it right open.  Unfortunately, there were a lot of kids at the Children's ER that night.

This little girl is VERY dramatic and cries at the slightest thing.  I expected a difficult night.  She was much braver than I thought she would be.  I think all the time sitting and waiting letting the idea of stitches sink in, helped a lot.  Now I need to get Marc to bring home some suture kits so we can avoid that whole mess, right?

3 comments:

dtravelbug said...

Can you e-mail me how you made your cupcakes? What was the "butter" and "peas" and such? Were the "mashed potatoes" just frosting? Another friend of mine did a fun April Fool's Day dinner, and I want to print out this ideas just in case I get to have a family someday and do something fun like this. :-)

And way cool of Marc being on the billboard! Tell him I want his autograph. :-)

Carolyn said...

Yes, please explain the cupcake toppings. They turned out so convincing!

And Marc, too, is convincing. I'd certainly trust him to be my Dr. now that he's on a billboard and all that.

Renae said...

Kenna- the cupcakes are awesome!! Did you pair it with real mashed potatoes? Love it!