I guess we must have had a pretty good first day of summer vacation yesterday. It is 9:05 as I start this and Rylee is the only child awake! This is practically unprecedented around here. I forgot my camera so I have no pictures but we stayed really busy and it was super hot, which I think made for some tired kids!
But this post is not about yesterday. It is about our weekend. Marc was busy helping my brother move and helping from some tornado cleanup. There was a tornado that hopped around about 5 minutes from here and blew down a lot of trees. Some men from church went over with their chainsaws to help clear some of that debris. Meanwhile, the kids and I did a little running around.
First stop was at the school. Yes, the day after the last day of school, I took them back to the school to help the art teacher. Every year, all the art classes get to work on a mosaic project that then gets hung somewhere in the school. I'm not sure how long they have been doing this, but there are lots of tile pictures hanging around. The art teacher needed help with the grouting so we went over. Tanner actually didn't want to go and ended up enjoying it the most!
After the school, we headed over to grandma's house so Tanner could water her garden. Grandma and Grandpa were in Nevada for the high school graduation of their two oldest grandchildren, Haley and Jordan. We had monsoon season for two solid months and now we have had a week and a half of 85+ degree heat and no rain. Southern Ohio weather is the pits. (I will admit to having longings for Utah weather)
After Marc got home we went to Kings Island to use our season passes for the first time. The kids had lots of fun. Mary is especially fun because she is tall enough to get on some of the rides, but doesn't know enough to be scared!
9:29 and I think everyone is awake..time to started on day 2

1 comment:
Is that the Swiper ride? Paige wanted to go on it again and again and again last time we went to Kings Island. So fun!
Post a Comment