Tuesday, August 24, 2010

First Day

The kids started back to school. Rylee has moved to the middle school which means her bus comes at 6:29! Good thing I like to get up early! I drove her to school since I had been unable to get new brakes installed on her wheelchair in time for the first day of school.
I looked online for some new ideas for back-to-school traditions. I found some fun ones. We started the day with our names spelled out in pancakes. Tanner's was too long for the plate. My mom has a useful tool called a pancake pen which made this breakfast quick and easy.

Tanner is in third grade this year and Ella in second, which in Mason means they get to ride the same school bus again for this year and leave the house at the same time. I asked them to hold up 2 and 3 fingers for their grade level. Apparently it has been a lazy summer for their brains...
Here we go......
Mary just really wanted to be in a picture.
When they got home from school, there were back-to-school sugar cookies to decorate and a survival kit that I had put together. Marc said the survival kits were a big hit. I missed the fun since I was wandering around downtown Cincy trying to find the man who was supposed to put new brakes on the wheelchair.
They had a great first day!

5 comments:

Beth said...

Very cute! You are a fun mom. What things did you have in the survival kit?

Erin said...

Wow...you went all out! Looks like the kids appreciated it. And what a pretty picture of Rylee!

Kenna said...

I got the survival kit idea here:
http://www.tipjunkie.com/first-day-of-school-ideas/. I check her site every now and then and she has some creative ideas.

Aaron & Nancy said...

Too bad your kids didn't start school before mine so that I could have used your ideas! Mine have been in for a week now! Where did she get the pancake pen? What a fun Mom!

Kent and Leisy said...

looks like I need to invest in that pancake squirter! I love it!