Tanner and Ella passed their Yellow Belt test at Karate this week. Neither one of them really likes Karate, but they are having to learn that hard lesson that we finish what we start. Since I am committed to pay for it for 6 months, they are going. They have fun when they get there but getting them there is torturous.
Back in the days of med school, condo living and coin-operated laundry machines, I used to get rolls of quarters at the bank and save the state quarters for a collection someday. I have had a container of quarters on my dresser for at least 8 years. Anyway, Tanner has been looking for some ways to earn money. I told him if he would count and roll all those quarters, he could have 10%. I thought I might have $100 in quarters. Wrong! There was $190 and he scored $19 for a few hours of work. Who knew there was that much money in there. That will make a good dent in the back-to-school shopping.
It is SO hot. Still. We have been swimming so much that the kids are tired of the pool. Today they played in the sprinkler in the back yard. This was how it started.
The next time I looked out the window, I saw they had suspended the sprinkler over the slide and were literally flying down the slide and laughing the whole time.
Tanner said the ring made the landing a little more comfortable.
Not sure why you would need goggles and water wings.
Last night for enrichment, we had a little sewing class. I made this little pillow for the kids to put their teeth in when they lose them. Then the tooth fairy can leave the money in the little tooth pocket. It turned out really cute and the kids are excited to lose some teeth. It was a fun little project. Easy, useful and done in less than an hour.

It is SO hot. Still. We have been swimming so much that the kids are tired of the pool. Today they played in the sprinkler in the back yard. This was how it started.
Tanner said the ring made the landing a little more comfortable.
Not sure why you would need goggles and water wings.
Last night for enrichment, we had a little sewing class. I made this little pillow for the kids to put their teeth in when they lose them. Then the tooth fairy can leave the money in the little tooth pocket. It turned out really cute and the kids are excited to lose some teeth. It was a fun little project. Easy, useful and done in less than an hour.
No comments:
Post a Comment