Saturday started off like any typical Saturday for the Wahlquist family...with a 5k! Actually, it was just a one mile walk to did to help fund a playground for kids with disabilities. Mary and Sarah rode in the stroller, Ella rode her bike and Tanner elected to run/walk with us.

Here we are before the race when Tanner was going to ride his bike. He changed his mind at the last minute even though we told him we were going to try to run for most of it. He kept up ok for the first 5 minutes or so. Then it was like he was on a forced death march and he wouldn't stop complaining. I actually kept running just so I wouldn't have to listen.
Here he is crossing the finish line barely alive. Next year he promises to ride his bike.

Here is the picture that ended up in the local newspaper. He, uh, must have caught me at the one time I wasn't running.
Then it was home to change clothes and head off to the Mason city public Easter egg hunt. Here the idea was to throw a couple bales of hay in a roped-off section of the parking lot, scatter some eggs around in the hay, and then have the kids rush in all at once to see who could get the most eggs. Here is right before the start when Kenna was in a good position to get the all-important picture of our kids sweetly picking up Easter eggs.
Here is two seconds after the kids get the green light to start hunting eggs. Needless to say, there was nothing "peaceful" about the process and it was all over in about 20 seconds. Tanner is wearing a grey sweatshirt. See if you can find Tanner (or Waldo, for that matter).
Then on Sunday between sessions of conference it was off to grandma's house for an...
We hid what seemed like several hundred Easter eggs around grandma's house and let the kids run wild and free. They trampled all over Grandma's yard like Obama and the Constitution. They had lots of fun and got lots of eggs.

Here are the happy hunters.
Oh yeah, we did watch some sessions of conference too.
Tune in next week for this week.
2 comments:
I have to say, that Obama/Constitution remark was quite the low blow. funny, but low
I loved the Obama comment. So much that I had to read the whole paragraph to Quinten.
And someday I hope to be as in-shape as you guys... running your 5Ks and all. You're awesome.
Happy Easter!
Post a Comment