Well, I'm not sure why my sister Taryn thought that an endorsement for my sister-in-law Jennifer from a disgraced-former-governor-nearly-reality TV-star would be a good idea I'm sure she had her reasons. She does live in Denver so the altitude probably played a role.Along with Blago's endorsement let me add my own. Ever since Jennifer came into the lives of the Wahlquist family Todd has been much easier to be around.
OK, while that should suffice there are lots of other great things about Jennifer. My feeble claim to fame is that I went to high school with David Robinson's brother. I didn't know him, we never made eye contact, but I did see him once in the gym. Jennifer trumps all that because not only did she actually go to school with THE David Robinson, if my memory is correct she rode the BUS with David Robinson. But she is so humble she rarely talks about it.
While I was in college I spent a good deal of time at Jennifer's house. Todd lived there too, but we all know who's house it was. Always clean, organized, warm, welcoming, and loving. I remember one time I was spending the night and after I showered I mistakenly used one of the "decorative" towels in her well-coordinated guest bathroom. While Todd pulled me aside afterwards and in a hushed voice and with frequent nervous glances over his shoulder pointed out my faux pas she never said a word to me. She has always been very patient and understanding.
I remember going to her graduation one hot and humid summer day at James Madison University in Virginia and sitting in the stands listening to each graduate's name called out and wondering why she couldn't have married an Anderson or Benson or at least kept her maiden name. I also have to think back to their little top floor apartment there and one of my favorite Todd and Jennifer stories about one pink bathrobe and a landlord.
Jennifer, you truly brighten our lives and what a blessing it is to have you with us. I have often thought over the years about what great faith you must have. You dated this guy in high school who not only smelled funny (he worked at Roy Rogers and always smelled like greasy meat) but went to this different church. You took the lessons from the missionaries and accepted the religion and got baptized. Then he had to leave for two whole years on a mission and you had to put up with his crazy family all on your own. Eventually, you go out to Utah where you are surrounded by mormons, oh-my-hecks, and labels everywhere declaring "caffeine free!" And rather than high-tailing it out of there running over garbage cans and small trees like the driver of a Hummer caught up in an Earth-day demonstration you actually stayed and thrived there.
In all seriousness, your faith, generosity, love, good humor, charity, and patience are a bright testament of your belief in our saviour Jesus Christ. Our daily prayers are with you and your family. We love you Jennifer!! We can't wait to see you at the beach again!
1 comment:
Blago for Jennifer??? You are a piece of work. And it's nice to see that you don't let any opportunity to poke at Todd go by. Thanks for Blagoing for Jennifer! Love you!
Post a Comment