Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Pop quiz, hot shot!

So, let's say your wife leaves a stick of butter on the counter after dinner. As she is heading out the door for a scrapbooking class you ask her what it is for. She replies, "Oh, I was going to make cookies with it but I didn't have time. Bye!" Well, let's say you think your wife is a beautiful AND intelligent woman and if she was going to make cookies, well there must be a good reason. So, you make said cookies (performing frequent quality checks of the dough along the way) but after baking two sheets of cookies there is still a certain amount of dough left in the bowl. Not enough dough to put in the fridge for later. Not enough dough to bake more than 2 (possibly 3) cookies. It would be blaspheme to even consider throwing the dough out. Some more generous people might consider letting the children eat it. But they just had two cookies already and it is time for bed and that is too much sweets right before bed and it would not be healthy for them and it has raw eggs in it and they might get messy again and they wouldn't even really appreciate it anyway and besides they went upstairs already. So it is just you, all by yourself, and you need to take care of the problem before your wife comes home. Don't forget to factor into the equation that you already had the aforementioned quality control checks and the requisite three (you have to have at least one more cookie than your kids!) cookies. So I ask,"What would you do in that situation?" Well, when you figure it out let me know, but right now I need to go lay down because I don't feel well. For some reason my tummy hurts.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would form the dough into one large heart shaped cookie and airmail it to someone who recently had a birthday that was ignored by all of his siblings.

The Ziemers said...

I think I would have had a tummy ache, too. I LOVE cookie dough! The favorite things post made me laugh out loud! It's too bad we can't all live by each other forever. We miss those funny kids!

Aaron & Nancy said...

I love this post! I usually save the extra and give it to Elizabeth to use in her Easy Bake oven. It's cheaper and better than those little packets you buy.