Saturday was Sarah's second birthday and we celebrated in grand style! Here are some pics of her day.
We were unable to go to our favorite pumpkin festival with Grandma and Grandpa Wahlquist this year since they moved away from Pittsburgh, so we decided to check out a local pumpkin festival. It was no Traxx farms, but the kids enjoyed a corn maze, a hayride, climbing on hay bales and choosing a pumpkin. The one in the picture below weighs 500 lbs.

We have a little tradition that Marc tries to take the birthday child out to lunch on their birthday. Marc was covering a UT soccer game at lunch time, so he and Sarah went to dinner at 2 Toots Grill, where the little electric train delivers your food. Marc said Sarah was fascinated.

After a thrilling date with dad, she came home and opened her presents. It did not take her long to figure it out (with the help of her sibs).

And finally a little birthday cake.

Sometimes it is hard to believe she has been here for two years and other times (when I remember the early days of Sarah) I am surprised that we made it to the two year mark. She is such a sweet little girl and we are so blessed to have her in our family.
8 comments:
I can't believe she's two. I also remember those early days of Sarah... and you never let on how hard it was until she was so much better. I still feel bad that I wasn't more helpful...
Sarah is beautiful. I love her haircut. (And you're right; it is SO cute in that really short hair picture.)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Mmm...Costco cake? Sorry I'm a horrible aunt and did not call. I am planning to sing to her when I see you all in less than two weeks! Gift will accompany me as well.
Give her tons of birthday kisses for me!! Can't wait to see her next week.
She is sooooo cute! Love and hugs1
What a fun birthday. I like that tradition of lunch with Dad. As a tiny girl, I would have loved to have my food delivered on a train.
Thanks for the party, yummy cake and even better company!
Happy belated birthday Sarah! It's hard to believe it is already time for all the babes born at the end of '05 to celebrate being two. She is so darling and I love the idea of lunch with Dad!
Happy Birthday, Sara! Let's hear it for the "wonderful/terrible" twos!
Post a Comment