Monday, October 22, 2007

The many faces of Ella

We spent the weekend in Cincinnati looking at houses, attending my nephew's baptism and enjoying the company of all six of my sibs. As those of you from big families may know, it is an unusual event to have everyone together (we were actually missing a spouse and 4 kids) but all of the Wilson kids were there. We took advantage of the opportunity and went to have a family picture taken. This is an undertaking with 20 some people and especially with 9 children, but with a my brother, Scott, and his family moving to Okinawa next month, we had to do it. I am posting these unedited proofs from the shoot so that you can see the many faces of my sweet daughter Ella. She was obviously having a good time with this. I think if you click on the picture, it will get bigger so you can see her expressions. She was making us all laugh and, to her credit, she did make it easy to eliminate many of the 135 pictures that they took. Enjoy!















9 comments:

Emilee said...

So awesome! That Ella! But with 135 pictures, I'm impressed everyone wasn't making faces. My family's family pictures are always a fiasco, except, in our case, it's the 15-year old that's the problem. Not nearly as cute.

dtravelbug said...

Oh my goodness, I am laughing so hard I have tears!! My favorite is a toss up between the Home Alone hands on the cheeks pose, and Marc turning her head around. What a nut! Thanks for sharing these, I hope you had a good weekend.

Lyndsay said...

This had me laughing out loud.
I'm a big Ella fan. I try to suppress giggles every Sunday when she's in Primary. I particularly like the picture where Ella's face isn't visible, just Marc's hand trying to make her face forward.

Anonymous said...

Oh the frustration of family pictures! I really liked the one with Marc's hand on Ella's head! I think it is the 4th one that is really good of Riley. You look great in ALL of them!

Heidi said...

Those pictures are great! We so need to get pictures done again. Last time was in 2001, and before then it was like 1987! I would like to get a big fam picture taken before Josh leaves on his mission...less than 2 years! YIKES! I am hoping to just get my family pics done at Thanksgiving.

But your dad got old! What happened? LOL!!

Carolyn said...

I agree with the others... Marc turning Ella's head around is laugh-out-loud funny.

We had a family picture taken 15 years ago where 5 out of 6 grandbabies were crying. My Dad loved it and chose that one to put on his desk at work.

Beth said...

Those are priceless! I love that Sarah has a big grin in all of them. We tried to take pictures with all the grandkids last Christmas and ended up selecting the only one where no one was crying - smiles and looking at the camera were considered a bonus!

Kate said...

How great to have all of your family together. Ella is hilarious. Sarah is such a cutie and seemed to be doing very well in the photo shoot. I agree with Aimee that Rylee looks great in #4. And Tanner is looking so grown up. I think the photo shoot was a success!

Taryn said...

Hysterical! My favorite part is that no matter what Ella is doing (even when Marc has his hand on her head), you are smiling that beaming smile, like you don't have a care in the world! You are super-mom! :)