One of the activities that we try to do each week is walking group. (Kate, I thought you would enjoy this) We (my kids and I) have just in the last three weeks started going consistently again. Tanner likes to ride his bike with some of the other kids and I usually push Ella and Sarah. The group started a couple of years ago with 5 or 6 moms walking a couple of mornings a week and has sometimes been a little bigger and sometimes a little smaller. (We actually didn't go all winter.) This last Thursday we had 13 ladies and at least 150 kids (That is only a slight exaggeration!) But, it is a lot of fun, good exercise, and good conversation. We get a lot of interesting comments and looks as we walk!
6 comments:
We used to have so much fun... even when there were only 5 or 6 of us. I'm proud to be one of the originals. :) Remember Annie making us do squats are lunges? That's such a great park for walking, too.
Now the sad part... I only recognize one mom (Emilee) in that picture, and of course I see Tanner & Sarah. Who are all of those people? I feel like I should know more of them.
Mostly new people in our ward. We got 4 new med student families and another that is working at UT. The lady at the far right...her husband is at the law school. You probably wouldn't recognize the ward. So many people have left.
I agree, there are so many new faces sometimes it is hard to keep up with who is who. It is always changing here!
sounds like a lot of kids and strollers. are there strollers in the front and back with their flashers on?
In general, we move a bit faster than the 60 somethings that are on the trail with us...probably no need for the flashers.
Wow, even I don't recognize a lot of the faces and I've only been gone a few months! I sure miss walking group - I blame the loss of this morning ritual for my incredible weight gain with this baby! Okay, that and a deep desire for chocolate milk. I loved that park and our group of moms and am still searching for something similar here. It is great to hear that there are a lot of new ladies! If only the drive to Toledo was a little shorter...
Post a Comment