Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Back to School

Today was Rylee's first day back at school. While I don't love her school or her teacher, I know she needs the routine and the stimulation that it is difficult for us to provide here with so many other rugrats running around. The bus was only 15 minutes late...we have had first days where they have been 45 minutes late...and she came home happy. Hopefully it will be a good year for her.

We also went to open house at Tanner's school and got to meet his teacher. First impression was less than stellar, but hopefully she will surprise me! I will try to be optomistic.

8 comments:

joyful704 said...

So cute. I love her haicut!

Kenna said...

I cut her hair while Marc was in Maine in June. He said it was too short(and it is a bit shorter than I intended), but I think it is really cute too.

Mel said...

Hopefully Tanner's teacher will be better than the first impression! I heard he gets to wear a uniform. So cute.

Kenna said...

He is not that excited...he doesn't understand why he has to wear a 'church' shirt EVERYday! Poor kid. I took him for his Kindergarten Readiness Assessment with her yesterday. He scored 29/29. Guess he's ready for Harvard.

Kate said...

I was also going to comment on Rylee's cute haircut. I think it looks great!
Where is Tanner going to school? No surprise that he scored so well on his exam. He's a smarty-pants, just like his mom & dad.

Kenna said...

Since our attempts to sell our house and move out of Toledo were unsuccessful, and I don't believe a half-day of kindergarten should cost more than a year of BYU (private school here), we are going to give the public school a shot. If it is horrible there is always charter school.

Taryn said...

I like Rylee's haircut, too! I can't believe public school requires kids to wear uniforms in kindergarten!!! Why is that? Are we avoiding gang colors that early now?? (I've heard that as a reason to justify uniforms in high school.) Is your house on the market now? Isn't Marc's job in Toledo for the next year??

Kenna said...

Our house has been on the market since February as we were trying to get into a different school district. Our plan was to rent for a year while Marc finished up.

I am not sure why they do school uniforms here. They actually DON'T do it in the high schools. Nothing in Toledo really makes sense.