We spent a couple of days at Tybee Island, Georgia. Marc had been wanting to check out a different oceanside beach and somehow settled on this one. I was a bit nervous as some of the online reviews labeled it a 'redneck' beach. I wasn't sure what to expect.
Marc took this picture of the sunrise the first morning we were there. The beach was great.
I mentioned in the last post that all of our children were sunburned after our day on the Gulf. I asked Marc if it was irresponsible to let them go back to the beach still pink. I think he thought I was completely crazy to even consider not going to the beach!
It was only about 78 degrees and the last week of March so the water was a little chilly. When the week was over and we asked the kids what their favorite part of the trip was, the middle three still said playing in the waves with dad.
Mary and I mostly hung out on the beach.
A little message for grandma Wahlquist. Marc tried to email it but I never heard if they got it.
Speaking of emailing, Tanner wanted me to take this picture and email it to his cousins who were still in school that week. I guess he wanted to taunt them a bit. I reminded him that they would be having fun the following week while he was in school but it didn't seem to matter.
For dinner we went to a seafood place in walking distance from our condo. Tanner had shrimp for the first time and loved it. We have made it twice since we came home.
We went for a walk on the pier. It was super windy and almost cold!
On our way off the island we stopped to see the lighthouse and the Civil War era fort that is there.
The kids climbed to the top with Marc while Rylee and I watched from below. Ella was nice enough to do it again with me. I don't remember exactly how many stairs it was. Just a lot.
Tybee sits just across the Savannah river from Hilton Head, SC. Notice how Tanner is staying as far from the rail as possible!
We had lunch in Savannah. Marc and I agreed it would be fun to go back there without the kids. There were tons of restaurants we wanted to try.
That famous spanish moss was super creepy as we were driving in at night!
On the way to our hotel in Knoxville the last night we decided to stop at IHOP (to appease the children) and stumbled upon a party complete with face painting, balloons and a movie.
We had a great spring break. It was so fun to see Erin and her family. The kids traveled like champs. We didn't drive more than 6 or 7 hours any day that we were driving and I think that made it easier on everyone.









2 comments:
Hey look who's blog I found! Looks like you guys had a great spring break.
That looks like it was so much fun! My kids are definitely jealous that you guys got to go to the beach on your spring break.
Post a Comment