Thursday, October 21, 2010

Goodbye old friend

In late August, I mentioned to Marc that I thought it was time to start shopping for something to replace our 'little van'. It was starting to scare me a little with the funny noises and rattles it would make. The AC hasn't worked for a year (yes, it was quite a miserable summer, thank you) and we had decided a while ago that we weren't going to sink any more money into repairing it.

So Marc dove into the car shopping process head first devoting every spare moment to test drives and internet research. I had forgotten this little fact about Marc. When I mentioned maybe we should start looking, I wasn't quite ready for the intense focus that followed!

He finally decided what he wanted. It had always been our plan to trade in the van, give me his car and have a new one for him. I didn't anticipate (because I don't consider myself a sentimental girl) how sad it would make me to get rid of the van. Three of our kids came home from the hospital in that car. We took lots of fun trips (Canada among them). There are just a lot of memories attached to that car and I miss it lots. I have learned in the last couple of weeks that a little SUV is not practical even for a mom that only has two kids home during the day. It is hard for them to get into and you can't take any friends with you because there is not room for a third carseat.

So long 'purple van'.....it's been fun.
This is what Marc chose...
He says he wanted a convertible because he thought the kids would like it!!!!

3 comments:

Beth said...

Well, you know how much "kids" love driving around town with the wind in their "hair". Yay for Marc and sorry about the SUV. They are definitely not as kid friendly as a van.

Janetta said...

Well, I think his dad's new Cooper must have rubber off on him. What an upgrade! Now you've got two black "hot wheels"...this convertible and the A team mobile. Yes!

Scott said...

Yeah Marc. And I got a flatscreen TV because Dora the Explorer looks so much better in HD.

Sweet ride though. When is the street race between you and Kevin??