Saturday, July 18, 2009

Ella's Big Day

Ella has been excited for this day I think since July 19th of last year. Her much-anticipated and discussed sixth birthday finally arrived today. I wanted to make her feel special today so last night I spent an hour and a half or so cutting out sixes and hearts. When she woke up this morning she found that many of her usual places had been 'six-attacked'. (On Monday, when the front door was heart-attacked, she asked if we could do that on her birthday, too. I thought it might be more fun to do something just for her) There were sixes on her bedroom door. There were sixes on her side of the bathroom mirror.
There were sixes going down the stairs to the kitchen.
And there were sixes on her chair at the counter. She asked me why there were sixes everywhere! I think she liked them!

She went to a primary activity this morning, a pioneer trek, and had a lot of fun. Then Marc took her out to lunch for our traditional lunch with dad on your birthday. She chose Red Robin, much to Marc's delight (he banned Chuck E. Cheese forever), and was thrilled when the wait staff came and sang to her and gave her three balloons.
She spent the afternoon playing Blendypenz with Tanner and Sarah and helped put together goody bags for her party next week. We are having her party on Tuesday night with her friends and she agreed that it would be okay to just go out for ice cream tonight and have cake and candles then. She was allowed to order whatever she wanted. She chose a rather sickenly-sweet cotton candy milkshake. In our house there are some pretty stiff taxes known as the mommy tax and daddy tax which allows us to take a little (or a lot) of whatever you might have. These taxes can get pretty high if the children have something that Marc and I really like. This shake, however was essentially tax-free!
She got to open a couple of her presents and actually chose to save two of them for Tuesday. Such self-control!
Happy 6th birthday, Ella! You are such a ray of sunshine!

11 comments:

dtravelbug said...

Happy Birthday Ella Bella!!!!! She looks so grown up, and is such a beauty. Please give her a big hug and kiss for me. And I love all the 6's -- those rock.

Kate said...

I just can't believe she's 6, and Rylee's 12. And Tanner will be 8 this year. I'm pretty upset that time is just flying by... and we haven't seen you in so long.
The 6s all over the house are just darling.
Did Tanner get Tyson's letter? We'll be there (the kids and I) from July 30-Aug 7. Can we see you???

Mel said...

You are so creative with the 6's! Pls tell Ella happy birthday for us. Wish we could have joined you at the Cone for the celebration! (I think I would have passed on the cotton candy milkshake, too)

Kent and Leisy said...

I canNOT believe how old she looks. Maybe it's the long blonde hair- but she looks so grown up. and the 6s idea is great. I'll definitely have to use that- maybe for kent's 28 :)

Cynthia said...

Happy Birthday Ella! She looks so grown up in her pics. And the "six-attack" is way cute.

Beth said...

What a great birthday! Happy birthday to Ella. I love the six attack idea.

Kimberly said...

Ohh how fun! What a great idea to do for a birthday! =)
Ella is a beautiful girl!

Erin said...

Ella's hair is so long! Happy belated birthday, Ella! Hope my card gets there soon!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy birthday dear Ella who is such a little sweetie and who we had so much fun with on the 4th and your grandma and I will see you this weekend, Happy Birthday to you!!! Love you, Favorite Auntie Shawn

Emilee said...

Her hair is getting so long! And looking so grown up. Happy Birthday, Ella!

Aaron & Nancy said...

Ella is looking so grown up - and her hair is so long! I love the 6's. What kid wouldn't love that?!