This weekend a bright orange orb appeared in the sky that made me squint and made being outside tolerable and almost pleasant. I'm not sure what it is but it is strangely familiar. It is there again today and now inside the house is eerily quiet but outside in our backyard there are these creatures that shriek and squeal and cause a general ruckus.
Speaking of strange creatures on Saturday the kids went to Home Depot and made these wooden planters all by themselves. Even Sarah pounded in her own nails. They had lots of fun and got these cool aprons. We're glad our friend Katie suggested it, and we're more glad that no one's thumb was smashed.
Yesterday was general conference and I have to ask the question: Is it right to send your kids outside to play on Sunday so you can actually listen to conference?
Today the kids got a package from Grandma Wahlquist and the girls got these beautiful dresses with bells and butterflies, and Tanner got a shark shirt.
For those who are wondering, Mary didn't do anything cute in the last couple of days.
4 comments:
I think that we too had a visit from that strange orb as well. It seemed to warm me and so I sent the children out to enjoy its powers as well. Conference is much easier to enjoy when the children are happily doing something else. We can always read it to them later, right?
Shame on you for sending your children outside! How are they ever going to learn? LOL!!! I've done it before! While I have older kids now who can listen, I did allow Krissy & Lindsey to color their Conference Packets in the dining room away from us. It was rather nice. But by the end, they came in and quiety sat by us. Your children are adorable, and I am sure Mary did a cute smile sometime this week to make your heart melt... especially on one of those hard days! :-)
I love the Home Depot idea! I bet they loved it.
Your kids are so cute! I still have a hard time believing you have five kids!! How do you do it all? You are amazing!
Post a Comment