Tuesday, April 22, 2008

A walk in the park...

Yesterday was a nice sunny day and we decided to take a walk to the park.

Sarah and Mary relaxed as they rode in the stroller
Tanner and Ella rode their bikes














Tanner and Ellla staged this tragic bike accident to illicit sympathy from unsuspecting neighbors.















We had fun at the park

It is nice because now Tanner and Ella can swing themselves without needing to be pushed.
Sarah still asks to be pushed, but with a smile cute enough to match her boots who could say no?





Rylee enjoyed getting out in the sun, and Mary was very happy being outside too until her stroller went over one of the many large potholes we have here in Toledo.

We had fun playing tag and we discovered that while Sarah can climb up through that hole her dad cannot (no pictures will be forthcoming of his failed attempt, think of the fat Mr. Incredible getting squeezed into that shuttle pod thing in the movie).


You may notice that this post has my own name on it. A special thanks goes out to Erik Peterson for telling me how to be my own man (actually he just repeated what his wife told him in the background).

9 comments:

Heidi said...

Such cute kids! I know you are happy there is no snow! Really... y'all should come to Texas (or actually SW Ark!)... where it's great about 10 months out of the year! :-)

Kate said...

Great post, Marc! I love the staged crash. ;) I also love Rylee's smile. All of the pictures are so great. I love the Mr. Incredible description. So funny. We miss you all... but I do not miss the potholes. I am afraid Tyson will forget his first best friend, Tanner, if we don't see you guys soon.

Debbie said...

I told your Uncle Mike---see real men post, too. Follow your nephew's example. He snorted. Love the pictures of your family.

Erik said...

Congratulations on your first post, Marc. For the record, I would have been able to give you the information without Lyndsay's input, but given her controlling nature, she wouldn't let me respond without her help.

Kent said...

Mr. Incredible huh? I'm having a hard time picturing that. I think you should post pictures of the attempt to help me visualize it. And you can't go wrong with posting more pictures of those cute kids.

Anonymous said...

Nice to see that spring has come to lake Erie - and that you been out enjoying it. We missed you!

Emilee said...

The staged crash was fantastic. Did anyone fall for it? And I loved the imagery of fat Mr. Incredible.

Lyndsay said...

If I had happened upon the Tanner/Ella staged crash I would have given them anything and everything they asked for. Verrry convincing.
I am NOT controlling, Erik. Remove that comment NOW.

Carolyn said...

I love Rylee's smile. She looks really happy in that photo.