We spent a lovely day at Niagara Falls. What an amazing place that is and we didn't even see it from the Canadian side.
We did, however, get on the boat, the Maid of the Mist that takes you up close and personal with those falls. The captain of the boat takes you to the bottom of horseshoe falls and parks you there. I asked why he sat there so long and Marc said that is what we paid for. Rylee loved it!
After we got off the boat, the kids wanted to go up these stairs that go right next to the American Falls. Rylee and I watched from below. They are waving at us in this picture below.
They were completely drenched when they came down, but all smiles.
We walked over to a little island next to the Bridal Veil Falls. It amazed me how close you are to that water.
We had briefly considered not going up to Niagara at all. It was 3 1/2 hours from where we were staying and we weren't sure it would be worth it having heard that it is so much better from Canada and while it may be, we had a GREAT time!
I guess it was pretty tiring getting pushed around in the stroller all day long! This is Mary about 10 minutes into the drive home.
We also went to Amish country which the kids said was BORING. I kept pointing out all the little kids that were out working in the yard or helping out in some way. I got a lot of eye rolling from the back! This is the only picture that I took!
I think my favorite part of the week was that our cabin was directly across the street from Beth and Doug's cabin and the kids played constantly.
Sarah Margaret with her namesake, Great Grandma Margaret. She is a crack-up!
We had a great time Garlocks. Can't wait for 2013!





No comments:
Post a Comment