I was at the pool yesterday with one of my neighbors and we were talking about how annoyed we are by all the electronics that our kids want to play all day long. She mentioned that even when her boys have friends over, they want to sit side by side and play video games. Then this morning as I was looking through reunion pictures, I discovered that the first picture I took that week was this...my son and Dillon sitting on the couch playing their DSes side by side.
We enjoyed a wonderful week at Punderson State Park up near Cleveland with the Garlocks (Marc's mom's family). This gathering happens every two years but this is the first time we have been able to go since 2001. And we were SO pleased that it was an easy 3 1/2 hour drive from home!
One of our first activities was planting a tree in memory of Gordon Garlock, the patriarch of the family. This is Marc's uncle Rick sharing some thoughts about this.
Diana's descendants that were able to come. Marc's sister Taryn and her husband Jason came from Denver. The kids just love Uncle Jason (he took them on a nature walk) and he took some great pics of our kids!
An ad lib dinner theatre as we waited for lunch to be ready!
We spent a day in Kirtland seeing some of the historical sites of our church. The kids played checkers at the N.K.Whitney store. The checkers are slices of corn cobs! They actually stacked the corn cobs in towers and knocked them down.
My girls made some new friends in Uncle Pat's daughters
We had a lot of rain (shocking for Ohio this year, I know!) but never a day that was a total wash out. And it wasn't too hot, which was great!
Our family at the ashery.
Mary and Tyler, AKA Captain Jack, Indiana Jones...I really never knew who he was at any given time!
I asked the kids to pose on the steps of the Kirtland temple. Mary may have been getting tired!
Up next Niagara Falls and Amish country.




1 comment:
Love LOVE L.O.V.E. the reunion pics. Please post any and all that you have. We are soooooo sad that we missed it. But glad that you all had a great time!
Post a Comment