Saturday, September 4, 2010

Play me, I'm yours

Here in Cinci last month there was a program called "Play me, I'm yours" in which 30 or so pianos were placed all over town in public spaces. The idea was for regular people to just sit down and play for whoever happened to be sitting nearby. Well, one of the pianos was stationed at a nearby Graeters ice cream shop. So, I thought it would be fun to have Tanner, Ella, and myself go and play the piano and get some ice cream as a reward. We loaded up the kids and off we went. When we got to Graeters there was no piano and I thought we had missed the program. Tanner was quite relieved, and we got ice cream anyway. When I was paying for the ice cream I asked when they took the piano away. I got some confused looks and quickly realized I had come to the wrong Graeters. So, off we went with ice cream in hand to the correct Graeters and found the piano outside as promised. It was a nice friday evening and there was a good crowd outside enjoying their ice cream. Tanner already had his ice cream and could not be cajoled, prodded, or threatened into playing, but Ella bravely sat down and played one of her newer songs and got some nice applause. I also played (it was a sporadic duet with Mary at times) and got some nice applause as well.


No comments: