Friday, July 23, 2010

County Fair

Each week we get together with grandma and the rest of the family for lunch. This week I noticed that the county fair was going on and suggested that we go check it out. Who doesn't love hanging around farm animals when it is 90 degrees outside?

We saw some adorable baby pigs.
We sunk some of Marc's hard-earned money on the rides. Mary really thought this one was a lot of fun. She even practiced her pageant wave for when she is Miss Warren County!
Our cousin Cameron talked his 65-year-old grandpa into riding this contraption with him. No spinny rides for me, thank you.
Tanner wasn't interested in the rides. He asked if he could play a game or two. I tried to talk him out of it telling him that you never win anything and it was a waste of money. He proved me wrong. He managed to get a ping pong ball into a little fish bowl and walked away with a goldfish. He was really cute, too. At one point after we got home he pulled a chair up to the counter and read a book next to his fish. He has been wanting a pet for a while.
I was a bit concerned about Joe (the goldfish) because he just sat on the bottom of this vase we put him in. Every now and then he would start to fall over sideways but would correct himself. I stopped on the way home from book club and bought fish food and fed him and he came up to the top to get the food but quickly sank back to the bottom. I went to bed a little worried but encouraged that he had eaten. Unfortunately, as apparently often happens with goldfish, Joe was dead in the morning and poor Tanner was pretty upset. There's another reason to add to the list of reasons not to have pets. The cousins that went to the fair with us won 4 goldfish and all of theirs died within 2 days. I think that helped Tanner feel a little better.

1 comment:

joyful704 said...

tanner- maybe if you come read to ruby she will behave!!! maybe..... what a good pet owner!!!