Sunday, August 23, 2009

Take me out to the ball game...

Last week I took the middle three kids and went down to a Cincinnati Reds game. They were playing the Washington Nationals and so I figured we wouldn't have any problem getting seats. The kids were very excited and Tanner brought his glove "just in case."
So, what was the highlight of the game, you ask? Was it quality time together?
No.
Was it great seats (honestly, there aren't any bad seats in that stadium) with nobody behind us so the kids could run around a little bit? No.
You'll notice Sarah is covering her ears. That is because there were 5 or 6 Cincinnati home runs hit that resulted in a mini fireworks display each time. Was that it? No.
It was this glorious sight that suddenly popped up in front of us like sunshine on a gloomy rainy day.
THE COTTON CANDY LADY!!!!
But then the clouds crashed back in front of the sun when I just couldn't bring myself to spend almost as much on cotton candy as I did on the tickets so I only bought one and split it among the three of them. Ella had been following the cotton candy vendors all over the stadium and by the sixth inning was convinced that they were never going to come over to our section.

But the kids had fun and so did I. I much prefer to watch baseball in the stadium than on TV. Then as a bonus on the way home we stopped and got everybody (mom included) a milkshake, so the evening ended perfectly.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I love reading y'all's blog! Makes me smile everytime! And what a fun treat for Rylee! I am jealous that I didn't get to go see Rascal Flatts...

Heidi said...

aND BTW... HaPPy 14TH aNNiVeRSaRy!