
It turns out the answer was pretty simple: That is (or was? Taryn a little help) the year that Cincinnati was founded. After a couple of meetings and phone calls I said "what the heck" and agreed. So, tonight was their first home game. On the way home I was trying to figure out how to best describe the game to Kenna and I settled on, "Have you ever wondered what it would look like if a bunch of hockey players got together to play soccer?" It was nothing like watching boring south american outdoor soccer on TV. The action was nonstop and lots of fun. Cinci won 9-4 and the only injury was on my team, one of the players dislocated a rib when he got taken down and the other player fell on top of him (no foul was called). The league they play in has teams all over the country and if you have a chance you should go. Most of their games are on Saturdays. The league is called the "Professional Arena Soccer League"
Now for those of you who are looking up my bishop's phone number to tell him that I was attending a sporting event on Sunday I agree that it was not an ideal situation. I asked two other people to cover it for me and neither one could. But really, it's not like I went to a "New Kids on the Block"concert (which is questionable any day of the week).
6 comments:
How fun to get to be the team doctor! I bet you will really enjoy it.
Marc, this is how it starts. First a sunday game, then a little celebration with the team, then the cheerleaders enter the equation and you eventually end up in Trouble and that starts with T...... and wouldn't a "Kids on the Block" concert be considered a cultural activity?
Diana...Exactly. Totally cultural. And totally worth it. :)
Lol. Nice Marc. I agree, attending an NKOTB concert should mean automatic appointment with the bishop as obviously the ability to exercise sound judgment has been lost.
Hey - an NKOTB concert is a heavenly experience - not even close in comparison to some sweaty soccer game! Enjoy the games.
Hey! When you are down and out, and get a chance for some WORK, sometimes you just have to take it, even if it is on a Sunday. Way to go Marc.
Post a Comment