That's right, today Kenna and I ran another 5k (that would make it a mini-mini-marathon). This time we agreed to run at our own pace and I was able to keep up with her for the first mile or so but then she pulled away. She finished in 32 minutes and I finished in 34, which is an improvement over the 40 minutes it took me last time (that's right, 40 minutes. Laugh if you must but I am fighting against some powerful genetics here). My only goal this time was to not be passed by anybody walking and thanks to an "inadvertent" elbow to the gut I was able to fend off the one old bag that came close. Think roller derby without the roller. Kenna and I had fun but I think I am done for this season. It was a chilly 40 something degrees and by the end the only thing I had to wet my lips was the snot running from my nose.
3 comments:
Wow! You guys are awesome!
I wondered why my daddy had to fly to Ohio to meet with some old lady with severe, life-threatening internal injuries. I hope your malpractice insurance covers this unauthorized abdominal exam, doctor.
Hey, who cares about the times. I am impressed with how many 5Ks you two run- good for you!
Post a Comment