Friday, July 27, 2012

Newport, KY

Last summer one of the young women at church worked at the Newport Aquarium.  I was able to buy 1/2 price tickets through her that were good for a year.  Since they were about to expire, we went down one Saturday to check it out.  

I should have checked out what was going on downtown before we went because it was some sort of sausage festival and a Reds game.  It was busy.  We ended up parking on the Ohio side of the river and walking across the purple people bridge.  If I had checked what was going on downtown, I may also have found out that there would be a cervical cancer display called 'Panties across the Bridge".  Yes, the entire span of the bridge was covered with ladies' underwear and there were many questions about what cervical cancer is and why it was only girls underwear.....


 Some were more interesting than others,


We had a great time seeing the sharks.

The eels looked like grass.  It made me think of something you would see in SpongeBob.


None of the kids were as tall as the shark.


But they were taller than the penguins.


We stopped for dinner and when we walked back to the car, the panties were all gone.

No comments: