Tuesday, February 1, 2011

This morning we had a nice sheet of ice on the ground and the kids are enjoying their fifth snow day this year.  Too bad Governor Strickland only allowed Ohio school districts to have three snow days this year.  We now have two to make up.

But that is not the point of this post... the point is to document something cute that Mary said this morning.  Since I am definately motivated by a deadline and now we didn't have to be anywhere, I was kind of lazy about helping Mary get dressed.  Finally she wanders up to me and the following conversation took place....

Mary:  Mom, can you get me some ballet clo?

Me: What? (I do speak Mary but wasn't really sure what she meant by clo)

Mary:  Can you get me some ballet clo?

Me:  (by now, having figured it out)  Sure Mary,  I'll help you get some ballet clothes.

Mary:  running away toward the ballet clothes...No Mom, just one ballet clo!

I just love toddler speak!

1 comment:

Kate said...

So cute!
As for snow days, I don't miss them! I hope you don't go stir crazy. :)