Sunday, January 23, 2011

What I would have blogged about had I blogged in November...

...the Mason Heights Carnival.  Someone from the carnival committee at Tanner and Ella's school approached Marc about putting fake casts on kids during the carnival.  Marc agreed and I was worried that it would be too much at $5 each cast.  The carnival was supposed to run from 11-3.  The volunteers working in that room stopped adding names to the waiting list around 1:30 and Marc didn't put on his last cast until 4:45.  Parents and kids actually waited almost 2 hours after the carnival ended to get a fake cast!  Marc thinks they put on around 275 casts that day.  It was such a roaring success they have asked him to do it at the other elementary school in Mason in February.
 Our kids were the guinea pigs as Marc tried to figure out how to put a cast on so that the kids could slip them off!

3 comments:

Beth said...

That is so cool!!

Emilee said...

Genius! Absolute genius.

dtravelbug said...

I am playing blog catch up today and had noticed Ella Bella's cast in a previous post and wondered what happened! I'm liking that orange one!