This year, as I have every year, I made a list of New Year's Resolutions. This year there were five. I am a very good goal setter, but I am not the best at following through and actually achieving the goals I set for myself. Well yesterday, I checked one of them off my list, and with the start of this family blog, I will check off a second.
About a month ago, my friend Aimee, asked if I thought Tanner would like to do a 1K fun run with her daughter Natalie. Natalie had done it last year but didn't want to do it alone this year. So I said sure. As I went to register Tanner for the race, I realized that it was also a 5K walk/run and on my resolution list was run a 5K. So, I signed myself up, too. So after having the stomach flu for a couple of weeks and then having strep throat and then struggling with allergies, I finally got back on the treadmill 5 days before the race. My goals yesterday were to run the whole thing and not be last.

This is the start of the race. They had the biggest group ever...around 700 people. It was at the zoo and for those of you who have been to our zoo, they put the pedestrian bridge (the one that goes up and over a four lane highway) at the very end of the race! Ugh. It was finally a beautiful day...a perfect day for a race.

We never did find Natalie at the start of the kids race but here they are after. I was so proud of Tanner and Ella. They ran that whole time. Tanner stopped a couple of times to wait for Ella but they did a great job!

Here we are, the racers.
Two of five resolutions done. Hopefully, this will be a fun place for our family and friends to keep up with us. I have loved checking Kate and Aimee's blogs. Thanks for inspiring me to start my own and for convincing me that even my meager computer skills were up to the challenge. Diana, hopefully you will start to see some of the pics from that digital camera you bought us so we would send you pictures!
2 comments:
Yea! I am SO excited for your blog and to see pictures of your darling family. We miss you so much. Good job on your run! Wish we could have been there too.
Hurray for Kenna! It is isn't as hard as it looks is it? In no time you will have as fancy of a blog as Kate! I am really glad that now we will be able to stay in touch since we hardly ever see each other!
Post a Comment